Here are some tips and pointers on what to do after you've prepared your estate plan:
- Let others know where your will is located.
- Prepare a family tree to identify relatives who may be heirs.
- Prepare a list of the financial institutions where you have an account.
- Put beneficiaries on your accounts.
- Make sure your transfer on death deed is recorded with the Washington County recorder or whichever county your property is located in.
These steps are easy, but can save hours of time and expense. If you have gone to the trouble of preparing your plan, you can definitely find the time and energy to take these steps. Your heirs will appreciate your forethought!